Opening BruBotics Rehabilitation Research Center
Interdisciplinary research center brings patients, science and technology together
Thursday, September 8, 2022 — Wednesday, September 14, 13h - Erasmus auditorium (4010), Erasmus University College Brussels Health Campus (Laarbeeklaan 121, 1090 Jette)
The importance of robotics in rehabilitation sciences is increasing. BruBotics, the VUB Rehabilitation Research Group and UZ Brussel therefore established the BruBotics Rehabilitation Center (BRRC). The state-of-the-art lab offers human movement analysis and technology-supported research, which represents a major evolution in the use of technology in rehabilitation.
During the official opening, researchers will be happy to introduce new technologies and treatment methods such as augmented and virtual reality, exoskeletons and rehabilitation robots. Please confirm your attendance by September 14, 2022 at: [email protected]
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 starting at 1 pm
- 13:00 doors open
- 13:00 - 13:40: welcome by Prof. Dr. Karin Vanderkerken (Vice-rector Research VUB)
- 13:40 - 14:10: Origin and vision BruBotics by Prof. em.dr.ir. Dirk Lefeber (founder BruBotics VUB)
- 14:10-14:40: Use of technology in rehabilitation by Dr. Erik Prinsen (head rehab technology, Roessingh Research and Development)
- 14:40-15:10: from research to spin-off, by dr.ir. Pierre Cherelle (CEO Axiles Bionics)
- 15h10-15h30: vision and future of the BRRC, by Prof. Dr. Eva Swinnen (Chair BRRC VUB)
- 15h30-16h30: Visit of the lab and demonstrations of BruBotics rehabilitation technologies.
- 16u30: reception