The Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the Université libre de Bruxelles are celebrating their 50th and 185th anniversaries this year with a unique joint Academic Opening on 20 September at Cinquantenaire Park.
The ceremony will be led by rectors Caroline Pauwels and Yvon Englert in the presence of His Majesty King Filip. The celebration is dedicated to the theme “Vrij denken sans frontiers/ Penser librement zonder grenzen” which means free thinking without borders.
15.30 Official ceremony
- Unique joint speech by rectors Caroline Pauwels (VUB) and Yvon Englert (ULB)
- Award presentation by His Majesty King Filip
- Official opening of the academic year
- Singing of the Universities
17.00 Start of festivities
- The university community takes the floor
- Music festival & food trucks
Appointment for the press:
No access without a press card
September 20, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Autoworld entrance - Parc du Cinquantenaire 11 - 1000 Brussels via Nerviërslaan
02/629 21 37
0473/ 96 41 37